instagram pinterest twitter bloglovin

Friday, July 12, 2019

How to Get Ready For Back to School


In just a few short days, I'll be back at Uni for my second semester!

I know most people probably don't want to be thinking about school while on holiday but I think it's important to dedicate just a couple of days to getting ready for your first day. It doesn't hurt to make sure things are in order. That way everything should run like clockwork from the moment you start back. Here are three tips to prepare for back to school!

Set Your Alarm
One of the best parts of being on holiday is staying bed til noon. In saying that though, you want to make the transition from holiday mode to study mode as smooth as possible. My number one bit of advice, if you've gotten so used to sleeping in, is to start setting your alarm for early. The weekend before you're due to start, make an effort to get up like you would for school. That way it's not such shock having to wake up on day one of your new semester. 

Write Down Your Timetable
Before you start back, get to know your timetable. There's nothing worse than arriving to a class late or not knowing where the actual location of a class is. Get out your yearly diary and jot down when and where you have each of your different classes. It's always good to check through this properly in case there are any problems with your timetable that need sorting. I also like to take note of any important dates or events that may be happening during the semester. 

Organise All Your Equipment 
Make sure you have everything you need for all your different classes. This includes any textbooks, stationery, or items of clothing. Look carefully at the list of requirements so you don't miss anything out or face any surprises on your first day back. I always find this step really enjoyable because I can use it as an excuse to go on school-related shopping spree! 

Thanks for reading!
Q: What's a tip you have for going back to school?

6 comments:

  1. I wish I had read this back when I was still studying. I didn't really managed my time well until I graduated. I was like going with the flow and taking everything at once. Looking back, I don't know how I managed to graduate lol

    https://sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I've been out of school for so long that I forgot it's that time of the year again. Hope you'll have a fun time going back! Writing down your timetable or even taking a screenshot of it helps big time. I remember being lost and it took forever having to log into the student portal through my phone. Oooh, my favorite thing about going back to school is the stationery hehe. I always made sure I have enough of my Moleskine notebooks!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  3. These tips are great, and I think are perfect even when you've had time off work too! Also your photography is pure dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had something like this to read when I was still studying, it's incredibly helpful. I wish I managed my alarms better, as the switch from holidays was always terrible xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always loved starting a new term feeling organised and getting all of my books etc sorted ahead of time. I always used to keep a printed version of my timetable in my planner, so handy x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such great tips. Making sure I knew my timetable was always the biggest help to me, so that you're prepared and don't get anywhere late! Enjoy your last few days off!
    Soph - https://sophhearts.com x

    ReplyDelete

blogger template