instagram pinterest twitter bloglovin

Saturday, July 27, 2019

My Favourite TV Shows


I used to hate watching tv shows. 

Maybe I just had a really short attention span back then but I used to get so bored of the same characters and storyline that I never got to the end of a series. My family got Netflix last year and since then, my attitude towards tv shows has changed dramatically. I still tend to avoid shows that exceed 5 or 6 seasons but nowadays, I'm more likely to choose a tv show over a movie and that's something I definitely wouldn't have done a couple of years ago. In today's post, I'm going to be sharing 5 shows that I love so much and would recommend to anyone and everyone. I'm going to keep the descriptions brief as I tend to spoil things quite easily. 

1. Sense8
This is a Netflix Original series and when I first started watching, I was a little hesitant at first. It took a couple of episodes for me to get my head around the main concept of the show but once I did, I was hooked. Basically the series follows 8 individuals from all around the world. Each of the characters have their own story whilst being part of one massive story as well. I think the best thing about this show was the main cast. I promise you, you'll fall in love with the characters so quickly. 

2. The Good Place
The idea behind this show is so clever. It portrays a completely different afterlife to what you're probably used to seeing. It also takes a more comedic approach which I thought made it a lot more lighthearted and easier to digest. I absolutely loved Kristen Bell in this series. She's such an amazing actress. The characters are also super loveable and very, very different from one another. 

3. W - Two Worlds Apart
This was the first k-drama I ever finished. I've watched a couple of k-dramas since this one but to me, none of them compare. The story is so unique. In a nutshell, it's about a doctor who falls into her father's webtoon and gets close to the main protagonist of the comic. It's cute and a little cheesy at times but I think that's why I like it so much. 

4. The Society
I've heard people describe this show as a combination of The Maze Runner, Lord of the Flies and Lost. It took me a little while to properly get into this series because unlike the last three, I found the characters a little harder to like. Most of the characters ended up being okay in the end though. When I first finished the series, I researched into all the different theories. There are definitely some far fetched ones out there but there are a couple that I could totally see being right. 

Thanks for reading!
Q: What's your favourite tv show ever?


12 comments:

  1. I haven't heard about all of these series except Two Worlds because my sister is a Kdrama fan. I'm currently watching How I Met your Mother on Netflix right now because I want to watch all the episodes. And my favorite series i Friends :)
    Maybe I will watch The Good Place after I finish HIMYM because I love Kristen too <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same about watching TV! Oh man, I am the same - if I see a show with so many seasons, I start getting anxious because I feel like I need to catch up ASAP! I haven't seen any of these shows before but they sound interesting. Oooh, I want to check out Sense8. It sounds like my kind of show. I think my favorite show (besides the last season) was Game of Thrones.

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved TV shows- probably too much for my own good! I love the Good Place and agree that Kirsten Bell is great in it. I haven't watched any of the others so will definitely check them out- thanks for the recommendations!
    Soph - https://sophhearts.com x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't actually seen these shows at, but sense8 is definitely on my list of shows to watch! Thanks for sharing x

    Kayleigh Zara 🌿 www.kayleighzaraa.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love TV shows, I tend to prefer them to movies. I've heard so many good things about The Good Place but I haven't seen any of these shows yet. Thanks for the recommendations X

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of any of these except The Good Place!! I'm definitely going to check these out once I've finished Friends for the seventieth time 😂 x

    Em | emiliarachael.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am such a big tv shower watcher, I've even started to rewatch some of my favourite shows when I can’t find something else to watch. I haven’t seen any of these shows before, I’ve heard a lot of good things about the good place I’ll add that to my watch list x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot wait for the next season of The Good Place! I saw so many commercials for it but I wasn't really intrigued until I saw that people were sad about it ending after season four. I started watching it, and I loved it! I didn't see the plot twists at all. It's a really easy, fun show to watch and it doesn't stress me out like some of the more popular shows on Netflix like Stranger Things.

    Mai
    ✰ maidoesthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard great things about The Society so I'll definitely have to check it out soon. Also, have you seen Dark? It's one of my newer fave shows!

    Eena ☼ cabin twenty-four

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been looking for some new tv shows to start watching. I really want to start watching the Good Place it sounds so good. My all time favourite tv show has to be Grey's Anatomy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My current favourite TV show is Orange is the New Black. I binged the new series and rushed through it super quick and only learnt at the end that it's the final season. Definitely the sort of show I could binge indefinitely!

    Have a great weekend :)
    Amy x Wandering Everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  12. Days of Our Lives Spoilers I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here.

    ReplyDelete

blogger template