instagram pinterest twitter bloglovin

Friday, January 13, 2017

Taking a Gap Year


I can't believe I'm in my final year of high school. There are so many decisions heading my way. It's all very overwhelming, especially for an indecisive person like me. I have to know what I want to study, where I want to study and even when I want study. I've been thinking a lot about whether or not I should take a year off between high school and Uni and have recently come to the conclusion that some time away from the classroom might do me some good. If there's one thing I know, it's that there's much more I need to know about myself before I can go on to make any life-changing choices. The only problem is, there's only so much you can learn about yourself while sitting at a desk. 

Like with any major decision, you have to weigh up the pros and cons. In terms of a gap year, there are obviously costs to consider and the fact that you'll be one year behind your friends when actually starting Uni, but I think that for what you'll take away from those 365 days, whether that's knowledge or memories, it'll be worth it. I think a gap year has the potential to be a real eye-opener. Even though I have a career path in mind, there's the possibility of that changing after spending some time away from school. A gap year would give me the chance to really experiment with different jobs and hobbies. If I really put myself out there, I might even discover a talent I never knew I had. Then I could turn that hidden passion into turn into the best future job I could have ever hoped for.

I think that if I do end up taking a gap year, I wouldn't regret it. In saying this though, I would make sure I used the time wisely. A gap year is the the perfect opportunity to grow as a person, to develop your strengths and overcome your weaknesses. You can become the best version of yourself that you can possibly be and for me, that's all I could ever want to get out of my year off. 

These are just my thoughts on taking a gap year. What do you think? Are you for or against?





No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template