instagram pinterest twitter bloglovin

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

My Blog Journey so Far



I'm still pretty new to the ins and outs of blogging but I feel like I've definitely come some way since deciding to start a blog in mid 2016. Because I had absolutely no idea where to begin, I turned to the internet for some sense of direction. I went through heaps of youtube videos and existing blogs to learn pretty much everything I know now. I definitely underestimated the amount of time and effort involved in putting together your own blog site. A lot of the process relies on persistence. You can't expect to get things first time round and that's something I really struggled to come to terms with in the first couple months of blogging.

Last year was definitely a lot of trial and error. Before The AnnieChanie Blog, I had started 3 other blogs, all of which I neglected in the first 2 months. I felt like the niche of these previous blogs didn't fit quite right with me and their names and webpages never really showcased my personal style or taste. After my 3rd unhappy attempt at blogging, I felt like I was trying really hard to keep the passion alive. All of that initial excitement and anticipation for starting my own web page had been replaced by a strong desire to have a great blog with great content that I could claim my own. Looking back, I think my problem was that I was more in love with the idea of blogging rather than the blogging itself and that's why my first couple of blogs didn't really feel that genuine to me. I knew The AnnieChanie Blog would be different from the moment I decided on its name. It felt like a true reflection of me and a broad enough title for what I wanted to write about - lifestyle.

I'm still a newbie blogger and there's so much for me to learn but I can't say I haven't found out a lot already! For one, you can't give up too easily. If you're really determined to start your own blog then there's no reason why you shouldn't. Keep trying and eventually everything will fall into place. Another thing is that you shouldn't be afraid to put yourself and your content out there. Making myself known to other bloggers is something I've only recently started doing. Create a bloglovin' account, promote your posts on twitter and get your images all over Pinterest. What I've found is that when your using social media to connect with other bloggers, you're on your way to feeling like you're truly a part of the blogging community.

This has been my experience with blogging so far, what has your blog journey been like? What's one thing you've learnt from blogging?





2 comments:

  1. Your blog is so darling and pretty, I can't wait to read more! I have learnt so many things from blogging and still learning things every day, it's so fun and rewarding! Such a lovely article :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elizabeth! Your comment really made my day! :-) I could say the exact same thing about your blog! I'm a huge fan of the pink watercolour!
      AnnieChanie

      Delete

blogger template