instagram pinterest twitter bloglovin

Friday, December 14, 2018

The Most Wonderful Time of The Year


Christmas is for sure a month long celebration. By the time December 1st rolls around, all the festive activities and traditions are pretty much in full swing. From advent calendars and ugly sweaters, to markets and parades, Christmas takes over like no other. I love the fact that even though Christmas is at the end of the month, pretty much all of December is dedicated to this holiday. 

A lot of Christmas revolves around giving and showing gratitude. I love shopping for gifts. Unlike birthdays, Christmas is a chance to spend on all your family and friends. There's no limit to the number of people you can buy presents for. I love sitting down and remembering all the inside jokes and happy times I've had with a person then writing out a list of possible present ideas based on those memories. There are so many people in my life that I'm extremely grateful for and there's no better time than Christmas to show my appreciation. 

During December, interiors are transformed. While I love seeing my house all decorated for Christmas, it's actually the public spaces that fuel my festive spirit. The holiday music in supermarkets, the tinsel in store windows, the massive Christmas trees in shopping malls. Every time I leave the house, I am constantly reminded of Christmas and I am not complaining in the slightest! 

Holiday cheer is definitely real. This month so far has definitely been my happiest and I'm honestly not surprised! Christmas is a time to relax, unwind, spend time with loved ones, sing carols and eat lots of delicious food. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year!

Thanks for reading! And look out for my last Christmassy post of 2018, coming next week!  

12 comments:

  1. December is my favorite month for this reason! All of the festivities happening all month long. I LOOOOOVE wearing sweaters! I agree with you about all of these points. People come up with the cutest decorations ever.

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you write! I can see how much you love Christmas by reading your post, it's so nice how you share your feelings through writing! I love Christmas and can't wait to go back home to celebrate with my family! I hope you the best for 2019 (a bit in advance yeah haha) ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love December. Have a very merry christmas! xx

    https://www.chloexlizabeth.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love December and Christmas! It's such a magical and wonderful time of the year. I love how pretty everywhere looks, all the decorations are perfect. There are also great things such as Christmas Markets, the festive lights but most importantly spending time with the family.

    Gemma | https://anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've perfectly summed up December, hope you have the best Christmas ever and the best festive season too! x Imogen x www.imogenchloe.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find December really stressful usually! I never know what I want to get people and then start worrying about running out of time. It's really nice walking through towns and shopping malls and seeing all of the lights and decorations though x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. These last few years I've come to love Christmas more than ever! I'm definitely in the festive spirit this time round. I can't wait to spend the day with my family. Great Christmas post, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely, positive post! Glad to hear this month and time of year has been so great for you this year. Although I don't celebrate Christmas myself, I enjoy seeing those around me who do, happy and feeling festive. Plus I love all the lights and events that go on, like winter fairs etc. Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely, uplifting post! I love December, Christmas is such a special event and I love that there is so much cheer around. In my town we have a Christmas market that is absolutely packed full of people, but it's so nice to see everyone smiling and having a good time. Seeing all the decorations and lights is my favourite too, definitely puts you in the spirit of things!
    Beth x Adventure & Anxiety

    ReplyDelete
  10. December is such a gorgeous month, with all the trees and the lights, it always makes me so happy!

    Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yessss! Christmas really is a wonderful time of the year for me, because of our daughter. Flora's eight and we get to do all the kid-friendly stuff at Christmas - school carol concerts, cake sales, trips out ice skating, etc. It's so lovely so see how excited she is and to be able to share that with her - I can't wait for Christmas Day now. As you say, spending time with family and friends is what it's all about at this time of the year :) x

    Lisa | www.lisasnotebook.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just like you, I like the most how festive public space looks during this.time of the year. I love Christmas and everything about it, from songs to movies, and especially food. But of course, the atmosphere is what I like the most.

    ReplyDelete

blogger template