instagram pinterest twitter bloglovin

Friday, February 15, 2019

3 Ways to Have The Best Year Ever



Did you know that this year is the Year of the Pig? 

The Chinese calendar starts and ends around February so even though January 1st has been and gone, this post is still relevant! 

I have a really good feeling about this year. Even though I was born in the Year of the Rabbit, the Year of the Pig still holds a very special place in my heart. Ever since I was a child, I've had an immense love for the adorable pink animal. For that very reason, I'm counting on 2019 to be a great one. This year is my year and it can be your year too! Here are three ways to have the best year ever!

Pick up a New Hobby
Expand your skillset by picking up a new hobby. Give anything and everything a try. You don't know what will happen, you may just have an amazing hidden talent that you're yet to discover. Be adventurous and don't just think about where you know your strengths lie. It's a great chance for you to challenge yourself and your abilities, and I can guarantee you'll have a lot of fun in the process! 

Explore Somewhere New
Go overseas, see the world! Or just as good, find somewhere in your city or town that you've never been to before. It's important to change up your surroundings when you can. Sometimes we get too caught up in our weekly routines that the places we know so well start to feel boring to us. The best way to make new memories is to step outside of these places for a little while and experience what else is out there. It can be as extravagant as a trip to Spain or as simple as a day hike with friends. If you're allowing yourself to break away from familiarity every once in a while, then you're definitely on the road to creating a really great year for yourself. 

Meet New People
Last but not least, meet people! Put yourself out there and don't be afraid to start a conversation with someone you don't know. They may just turn into a best friend for life. The people you surround yourself can have a massive impact on your year so be sure to stay in the company of people that make you happy and bring out the best in you. 

Q: What's your Chinese zodiac animal?
Thanks for reading?

24 comments:

  1. Love this post! I'm ready to make 2019 the best year ever and so far, it's going well!

    xoxo
    Jess
    The Crown Wings | UK Travel & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was born in the year of the rat! Pigs are super cute though. I have quite a few travel plans for this year which I'm really excited about and I joined a choir in January which consequently means I've met new people! I've already owned these points so lets hope I have a fabulous year, hehe!
    Alice Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew it would be a good year when I discovered it's the year of the pig. I'd love to have one, my neighbors across the street actually have a pet pig who sleeps on their porch during the summertime. Seeing him makes my day :) I'm a dog and keep telling myself to start something new, I'm just not sure what, but this was a nice reminder to get on that x

    Meagan
    Quibblesandscribbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always strive to try new things and explore :) I guess this year I will try and do it even more x Because hey, if you just spend all the time in your own little bubble life gets a little bit boring.
    Laura / https://www.laustworld.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a wonderful reminder that having a great year isn't complicated — breaking out of your comfort zone can be a life changer! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post! Your three ways are soo amazing and will definitely make a year one to remember. Breaking out of your comfort zone can be scary at first but it's soo important. It's all about growing and being the best you can be. I love exploring and that's definitely something I want to do in 2019.

    Gemma | www.anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meeting new people is something that im trying to work on more this year because it can be so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your blog is so pretty!
    https://elizabethannew.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exploring somewhere new is definitely on my list! I was born in the Year of the Sheep and since we get along with the Pig, this year is supposed to be a good one for me! Thanks for this post, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't actually know what animal my birth year was. I think I'll have to look that up. I love pigs, they're my favourite animals. Would love to pick up a new hobby this year! x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think all 3 ideas are great! I want to do more DIY so I guess that come become my new hobby! it is hard ot meet new people when you are not at uni any more but you don't want to go on with life without friends

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to pick up a new hobby this year, I guess I've kind of started it already which is ice skating - I'm really enjoying it so far!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
  13. Picking up a new hobby is definitely something I've been doing more and more, I've been learning calligraphy and it's so hard, but so worth it!

    Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a lovely post! I honestly can't wait to go exploring this year! I hope to spend more on travel than on material items as memories last for so much longer <3

    Lizzie Bee // Hello Lizzie Bee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes to picking a new hobby! I’ve recently bought a Rubik’s cube for some fun, it’s amazing to challenge yourself; it’s never too late to learn something new. A good exploring day is the best way to free your mind, and to even maybe get an even better idea of the town you live in.

    Sahara
    http://saharas-dreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the positivity of this post! Why shouldn't this year be your year? I definitely need to pick up a new hobby this year. Great post

    https://sophaarambles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always love reading up about the Chinese Zodiac. Pigs are so cute! Hope you'll have a wonderful 2019 with lots of positivity and happiness. YESSS on doing new things! We need to embrace change and it can come in so many different forms. Go out and do some good. I'm the year of the dog. I mean I am a bit skeptical about my year but things work out somehow :).

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm hoping I'm going to make 2019 the best year for me! Doing things like you've suggested are great ideas to make anybody's 2019 the year of WOW! x

    Lucy | https://www.lucymary.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this--so important to be open. Be brave. Adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've already promised myself that 2019 will be my year, and I'm determined for it to stay that way! As we can get into February, however, I could definitely use new ways of switching things up, and the tips you've provided are perfect for that. I've been getting desires to travel more this year, and even though it's a little bit difficult for me to do at this point, I'm determined to at least start planning where I'm going to go. I've never been one for Chinese zodiac signs (I haven't really taken the time to understand them), but I've looked it up and saw I was born in the year of the tiger. Apparently my health is going to be awful this year, but my wealth will be amazing. The health thing is definitely true, but the wealth thing hasn't quite followed. There's still time though, right? Haha!

    Rebekah Gillian | https://rebekahgillian.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness, pig is my favourite animal like I am obsessed so hopefully this is the year for me too! I was born the year of the tiger which I love as When I remind myself that it gives myself inner courage and strength! Great post ����

    Leigh | spillingtheteawithleigh.home.blog

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was born on the Year of the Tiger. But, I'd like to make this year a great one too! Yes to new hobbies, new places, and meeting new people.

    https://lifetravelsoul.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is everything I want to do this year! I love the idea of exploring new places, as it's a brilliant way to make memories and it doesn't have to be too expensive either. I'm also working on meeting new people xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete

blogger template