instagram pinterest twitter bloglovin

Saturday, May 11, 2019

How to Have Fun Tidying Your Room




As much as I love tidying my room, I know many consider it the biggest of chores. 

I'm sure there was a time in my life when I didn't love making my bed or organising my desk but I honestly don't recall it. I feel like packing up after myself and making things look presentable are two rules that have been engrained in me from a very young age. My mum definitely played a massive role in this. She's the most organised person I know and I think over time, her tidiness just started to rub off on me. 

If you're someone that finds cleaning their room a mission and a half (and honestly, it's okay if you do!), this post is just for you. Here are four ways to make tidying your room fun!

Incorporate a Theme
A couple of weeks ago, I was cleaning my room and decided I wanted to change the colour scheme. It used to be all about the pastels, now I've narrowed it down to three main colours; pink, grey and white. I think it's important to give your room personality. Your theme doesn't necessarily have to revolve around colour, it could showcase a specific season or holiday, your favourite TV show or a hobby you really enjoy. Your room is a space meant just for you. Don't be afraid to put your own creative spin on it!

Do it With a Friend
Having a friend by your side makes everything 10 times better. Rather than dreading the tidying process, turn it into an excuse to hang with your bestie. I've done this before with a couple of my friends. It's great because after a while it stops feeling like a cleaning job and more like a normal hang out. Don't forget to play some tunes while you're at it. It really helps to keep the mood upbeat. 

Reorganise Decor
If you're tidying your space, definitely use it as a chance to shuffle things around. Tidying doesn't just have to be about putting things back where they belong. You can make it a lot more interesting by rearranging your room decor. I do this all the time. I look at what I have on display and then I like to place it somewhere new to see if it looks better or worse. Reorganising things should help keep you on your toes and stop you from losing interest in the actual cleaning. 

Take a Before And After Picture
I always forget to do this with my room but I've done it with a couple of other things I've tidied. It's nice to have a visual representation of your progress. It also gives you an incentive to clean that little bit harder. The more dramatic the change is between the two photos, the more accomplished you should feel. 

Q: Do you enjoy cleaning your room?
Thanks for reading!



10 comments:

  1. I love this post so much. I'm in a huge decluttering mood at the moment and love all the inspo I can get. A Before and After picture is such a good idea!

    xoxo
    Jess
    The Crown Wings | UK Travel & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well. I am reading this just after finishing cleaning and tidying my home. I am exhausted but SO happy to have a nice fresh house. We did a new coat of color on the walls and the kitchen cabinets last week, so I totally get what you are saying about changing themes, it did give me the energy to reorganize everything. I am not a fan of housework so these tips are fantastic - love the before and after idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tidying! I think it's nice to have a theme and aesthetic to work with. Mine is pink/grey/rose gold/white at the moment (couldn't decide on 3). Having music or a podcast helps pass the time too x

    Megan | https://meganelizabethlifestyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to love tidying my bedroom but I can't physically do it any more. So when I see that things need putting away or sorting it actually stresses me out! lol :D

    Sarah 🌺 || Boxnip || Latest Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I never thought of taking a before and after photo, but it seems like a good idea xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will defintely have to keep a few of these in mind the next time I decide to tackle this particular chore. I hate cleaning so anythin I can do to make it more enjoyable is defintely worth trying out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love tidying up that I don't even need convincing to do it - except for finding time to do it, hehe. Doing it with someone makes the experience better - you don't feel alone and if you're lost, you're not scared to ask for help. I like the theme portion - it is a good way to motivate you. I always find it amazing when people do a major overhaul comparing the before and after!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  8. I put music on so it feels a little more entertaining than just tdying! The before and after photos are such a good idea too!

    Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like a tidy bedroom, I think it becomes a more relaxing place to be then! I have a theme in my bedroom and that makes it so much easier to tidy up! x

    Lucy | www.lucymary.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't quite love the act of tidying, but I do love the end result. These are excellent tips to make the process more fun. I really should shift things about in my bedroom, as it's been pretty much the same for 12 years - would be nice to see things in a different spot or even different items on display.

    ReplyDelete

blogger template