instagram pinterest twitter bloglovin

Friday, June 14, 2019

4 Tips For a Sick Day


It seems like everyone I know is sick at the moment. Even I'm sick at the moment. I think it's typical around this time of year. Winter is just around the corner and with the amount of cold and rainy days we've been having recently, I don't think anyone's going to forget that anytime soon. Here are some ways I got through my sick day at the start of this week. 

1. Drink Lots

Staying hydrated is super important, especially when you're sick. Getting lots of fluids is a vital part of the "getting better" process. It helps to flush out all the bad stuff from your body. Try to stick with water if you can. I like to add a slice of lemon for a bit of extra taste. On top of this, you could add honey and ginger if you feel like something more. I know that lemon, honey and ginger water is a popular remedy drink for when you're feeling ill. Stay away from coffee and fizzy drinks. 

2. Stay in Bed
Get as much rest as possible. Don't dismiss your sickness. If you're not feeling 100%, just stay in bed. Sometimes getting up and going out only makes things worse. The only time I'll take a nap during the day is if I'm sick. But it really does make a difference. I took a solid two hour nap on my sick day and I felt a lot better than what I felt like in the morning. 

3. Keep Everything You Need Close by
Depending on your illness, set up a little bedside table of everything you need. Tissues are a must-have and if you have medication, keep a large drink bottle nearby as well. Make sure you're well stocked up on everything so you don't have to keep making several trips back and forth. If you need more of something, make sure to call a family member or friend to retrieve it for you as soon as they can. 

4. Binge-watch Your Favourite Shows
If you can't sleep, it's good to distract your mind so you're not constantly thinking about your sickness. When you're not focusing on your symptoms, it's easier to pretend they're not there. Having your favourite tv show playing is sure to keep your mind busy while also making you feel slightly happier in the process. 

Thanks for reading!
Q: When was the last time you had a sick day?




No comments:

Post a Comment

blogger template