instagram pinterest twitter bloglovin

Friday, March 22, 2019

3 Great Places to Write

I don't know about you, but I always have a favourite spot that I like to write my blog posts. 

At the moment it's the dining room table in my house. It's right under a skylight so on sunny I get all that natural light and warmth. 

I feel like the location of where you write is something that can really make a difference to your writing. If you haven't found your ideal spot yet, this week's post is just for you! Here are 3 places I'd recommend writing in at least once! 

1. Library
I always feel the itch to write here. When you're surrounded by the works of so many incredible writers, it's hard to not want to put your own thoughts to paper. Inspiration is everywhere you look. I'm sure if you were to pick a book at random, you'd find at least one thing - whether that be a quote, a word or an image - that you could run with. The quiet in the library is also really comforting. Everyone is in their own little worlds. It's a great spot for those who are easily distracted by noise. 

2. Local Cafe
Cafes are perfect for those who like to snack while they work. I'm definitely this kind of person. If you don't mind background chatter or the sound of plates clanging, you should be able to write for hours here. There's always a lot happening in cafes but sometimes that sort of busy environment can help you to want to get things done. 

3. Outdoors
Natural light is really important to me when I write, as I mentioned in my intro. If I can't claim the dining room table (because another family member is working there), the balcony or front yard are just as good. If there's a park or field close by your house, you could carry a notebook and pen and sit yourself there to write. The combination of nature and fresh air are sure to start an avalanche of ideas and inspiration. 

Q: Where is your favourite place to write?
Thanks for reading!


17 comments:

  1. I normally write at my desk early in the mornings, but now that the weather is getting warmer where I am, I'd love to start working more outdoors! I think it's so important to change up your location! Loved this x

    Evie || www.eviejayne.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually work at the breakfast bar in my kitchen, my sofa (with some YT videos on the TV), or sometimes I'll treat myself to writing in bed first thing in the morning. I'm with Evie on this one, though - I'd love to start working outdoors more now that it's getting warmer and sunnier! And once exams are often, I'd love to take myself up town some days and work in cafes, too ☺️

    Beka | www.bekadaisies.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate to you when it comes to writing blog posts. There are certain places where I can do them no problem, hehe. YESSS for local cafes! I used to do that pretty often when I worked out of cafes in my previous job. Outdoors is a great idea - it is inspirational to have a scenic view, given that the sun is not directly glaring to your device. Thanks for sharing these spots!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually write at my desk, but love going to a local cafe or out on my balcony when I need a change of scenery
    Lex | https://offasmallisland.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes!!! I usually end up writing mine at home but I love when I get the chance to pack up my things and write in a local cafe! It's so nice seeing other people around you as you're working x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love writing wherever I go, I tend to sit on my sofa, but a few times I have drafted blogs in the car haha x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! Thank-you for sharing. I normally end up writing mine at home but I also adore writing in a local cafe. There's just something about it. Also who could resist the drinks and food.

    Gemma | https://anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I gotta admit, cafés are my favourite places to write! It feels so American teen sit com. But my wallet doesn't allow it to happen every day, so it's a once a week special treat.

    Aoife | https://prettypurplepolkadots.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to start writing at the library sometimes, I’d love what you said about being surrounded by writers! I love to write outside too especially in the Summer. I mainly like writing in my bedroom on my bed but if the weather is nice outside is better!
    https://writingthebluesaway.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love writing outdoors when the weather is nicer! I've always felt better in natural light so blogging outside in the sun is the best x

    https://www.femaleoriginal.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an inspiring post! I love writing outdoors.
    https://www.daisyandthyme.com/thyme-to-cook-daisys-kitchen-vegan-sweet-potato-buns/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to love going to my local library, I feel like you can be so productive!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoyed reading this post Annie. You sell library being a blogging space perfectly. Being surrounded by books and other forms of writing can be inspiring for a blogger, not to mention it being naturally quiet would very much help too. Coffee shops are also a worthy mention too.

    I mostly write in my bedroom or on the go if something pops into my head. My thing is with local cafes and bars as well is that most of them seem to only allow you to be in their spaces as long as you buy something and if you've only gone there to blog then it could be a problem but it wont be the end of the world I guess ;)

    Johnny | Johnny's Traventures

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great ideas. I usually write from the comfort of my own home, either on my bed or on my sofa, but I'd love to try blogging in my local library or the great outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I actually love writing blog posts in bed. I can’t write anything else in bed (I’m an author, so I’ve tried), but these are some of my favorite places for writing everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this! I recently discovered a little hidden spot in the local park that has a picnic table and is hidden away by vines that I'm definitely heading to soon.

    https://serialkayla.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a good idea to write in a cafe,and I love a nice coffee.Never crossed my mind before and I currently have writers block.thanks for this

    ReplyDelete

blogger template